|Job Title||Administrative Assistant|
Under general supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer, is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support services, such as organizing, completing and monitoring special projects and/or reports, interpreting and communicating procedures, managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, establishing and maintaining record keeping systems, and maintaining corporate records.
- Assists in the preparation of reports.
- Performs routine and non-routine information gathering.
- Completes complex calculations.
- Completes a wide range of clerical duties.
- Receives, reviews, and screens incoming correspondence, reports, and memoranda.
- Resolves and responds to inquiries and discrepancies.
- Arranges and schedules meetings/conferences and interviews.
- Maintains corporate records.
- Coordinates multiple department functions to ensure meeting deadline reporting.
- Supports functions of Finance, Insurance, Contracting, Purchasing, Payroll, and Compliance.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Parastar. Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
- Supports and adheres to department customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Requires a level of knowledge normally acquired through successful completion of a one-year formal secretarial training program beyond high school or completion of an Associate's level program in business/office management.
- Work Experience: Requires minimum of two years administrative assistant experience.
- Contacts and Communications: Requires effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in frequent interaction with influential internal and external publics in order to provide required information, determine additional information required and forward contact or arrange for a response.
- Analytical Demands: Requires the ability to exercise discretion and judgment in completing work duties, monitor projects and reprioritize schedules as necessary.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of PC operation and keyboarding skills. Working knowledge of and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Organization Skills: Requires the ability to organize many different documents and projects into an easily understood and accessible electronic and/or hard copy filing system.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: None.
- Other Qualifications: None.
- Physical Effort: Frequently experiences mental/visual fatigue from time pressures, word processing, data entry, record keeping, etc. The job requires normal levels of physical effort with occasional light lifting.
- Work Environment: Work is generally performed in a normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, heat, dust, etc.
- Equipment Used: Computer and printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, typewriter and fax machine.
- Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer; may work for several different managers on assigned projects.
- Supervises: May coordinate the work of others in order to complete projects, etc.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
All employees are required to familiarize themselves and continually comply with all federal and state health care laws, regulations and rules (including Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements which are applicable to the employee’s job duties). Any employee who becomes aware of possible noncompliance with applicable laws is required to promptly report such possible noncompliance to his or her immediate manager or the compliance officer. No adverse action or any form of retaliation shall be taken by the organization against any employee because of that person’s good faith report of possible noncompliance.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.