|Job Title||Executive Assistant|
DEPARTMENT: Administration - Executive Office
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
DESCRIPTION DATE: August, 2016
REVISION DATES: July 1993, December 1994, August 1996, February 2005, August, 2016
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the coordination and prioritization of workflow and daily activities to assure that the Executive Office operates in a highly efficient manner by providing executive level secretarial, clerical and administrative support service. Under general supervision the Executive Assistant must be extremely efficient, organized and resourceful. The Executive Assistant must also be flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant is required to have substantial interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities requiring a high degree of poise, confidentiality and tact in such interactions. Strong independent decision making skills, verbal and written communication skills and attention to details are essential.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Arrange meetings and conferences
- Schedule interviews and appointments
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Manage and maintain executives' schedules and appointments to maximize use of their time
- Schedule cost/time efficient travel arrangements (land/air)
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Interact professionally with internal staff at all levels
- Interact professionally with external clients
- Coordinate project-based work
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Mentor, coach and train colleagues as necessary
- Process requests for medical records in a prompt and efficient manner while assuring compliance with all patient confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain working knowledge of all standard office equipment and coordinate repair and/or replacement as necessary
- Oversee cost effective requests for purchase of regularly used office supplies
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Organization and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability / flexibility
Minimum Education: A level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a formal business training program beyond high school or completion of an Associate's level degree in business/office management. Bachelor’s degree is an advantage.
Minimum Work Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively more responsible Administrative Assistant level experience is required in order to acquire the necessary experience-based knowledge of standard executive office practices and procedures. As such the Executive Assistant must possess the ability to exercise independent decision making skills and the background to employ objective judgement to provide high level support to the President.
Contact with Others: High level of interpersonal skills are required in order to regularly interact with influential internal and external customers. Socially sensitive skills are necessary in order to communicate tactfully and to positively represent the corporation.
Analytical Demands: The job requires judgment and diverse analytical skills in order to provide executive level support.
Certification, Licensure, Registration: Must have a valid Driver License and be eligible for driving privileges based on current policy. Must be able to speak, understand, and write English fluently.
Physical Effort: Often experiences mental/visual fatigue from time pressures. The job requires normal levels of physical effort with occasional light lifting.
Work Environment: Work is generally performed in a normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, heat, and dust.
Coordinates the work of others as necessary in order to complete projects, finalize reports, etc.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. The description should not be considered an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.