|Job Title||Service Writer / Inventory Control|
Ensure adequate vehicles availability for Community EMS and all joint ventures to meet daily operational needs. Assist Team leader and technicians in writing work orders and pricing repairs for CEMTECH fleet services to ensure good customer service and relations with our clients. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the support service area. Maintain par levels in inventory and keep area clean and up to date.
- In a cost effective manner, order and maintain CEMS mechanical supplies in accordance with the current CEMS purchase order policy, to maintain adequate stock levels of mechanical supplies in support service areas.
- Perform quarterly inventory and compare with current inventory and forward to finance.
- Track mechanical supply purchases to determine a daily expense figure.
- Process all purchase orders and forward them to the support service manager for approval on a daily basis.
- Reconcile all merchandise received against ordered quantities. Indicate variances on the packing slip, initial and date, forward to Director of Support Service.
- Put all stock order away and maintain a clean and current supply inventory.
- Convert Technicians job ticket into a repair order, contact appropriate vendor for part pricing and availability.
- Write repair order for Technicians and contact CEMTECH customers for job approval and completion of job.
- Document all vehicle repairs for Community EMS and it’s joint ventures on TMT work orders and document all CEMTECH repairs on TMT work orders.
- Prioritize all vehicle repairs based on operational needs and length of repair time needed (i.e.: minor repairs should be done first if it will allow a vehicle to be placed back in service.)
- Keep loft areas clean and updated with current supply of used inventory.
- Coordinate the disassembly of retired vehicles, log and stock used parts, make arranges for removal of scrap vehicle.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedules.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the support service area at all times, free from trash and scrap parts.
- Coordinate the return of unused parts and cores with appropriate vender.
- Track work performance using TMT paperless shop and Mitchell’s flat rate charts.
- Be able to work in weather common with our area (i.e.: road service, repairs on the road) using the mobile repair unit and the field service unit.
- Abide by CEMS current blood borne pathogen policy.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all employees, Corporate, patient records and information.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have vehicle repair and maintenance experience.
- Some heavy lifting is required. Must be in good physical condition that allows the employee to : Lift, carry, pull, push, maneuver heavy equipment, bend, climb and work outside in all types of weather common to southeastern lower Michigan on a regular basis in order to repair and retrieve vehicles.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be eligible for driving privileges based on the current driving policy.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.